Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:46:24 -0700
From:      Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC <chad@shire.net>
To:        Jeff Hinrichs <jlh@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Need IMAP Server Selection Advice

On Feb 20, 2005, at 7:07 PM, Jeff Hinrichs wrote:

> I'd have to agree with the poster.  For a small installation Courier
> is faster to get up and running the Cyrus.  But once you start having
> to use it with 20-30 users, Cyrus is hands down a better deal.  Yes,
> it does take a more grokking to get Cyrus running correctly but not
> having shell accounts on your mailserver is a blessing.

You don't need shell accounts for courier.  Please explain how Cyrus is
easier with 20-30 or more users...  Courier conforms to standards,
unlike Cyrus (in terms of mail layout etc) and is easier to tie in to
ant MTA system you want (that can do maildir) and my installation that
supports more than 20-30 accounts works just fine, with no shell
accounts...

best
Chad