Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 10:27:24 +0200
From:      "Noor Dawod" <noor@comrax.com>
Subject:   Apache on newly FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE

Hello all,

I've made the world last night on my FreeBSD to version 4.1.1-RELEASE. After rebooting, I re-compiled and re-installed everything
that the system had.

Then, I compiled Apache with mod_ssl and PHP. I also re-installed MySQL version 3.23.25. PHP makes use of MySQL. Let's call this
machine <problematic>.

I have another system, with the same configuration, and was upgraded at the same time to 4.1.1-STABLE. Let's call this machine <ok>.

I start mysqld and then Apache on <problematic> wonderfully. Same is for <ok>. The problem is: when I issue a restart command to
Apache on <problematic>, it doesn't restart and the log file shows nothing. But, this works on <ok>, and the restart action gets
carried out smoothly.

As far as I've checked, both systems look and act alike, except for the slight difference in versions (which, in time of
compilation, were the same code).

Could anyone help out in this problem, maybe a series of debugging actions to do in order to find the cause of this problem?

If you need specific information, I will gladly supply it.

Thank you in advance.

Noor