Date:      Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:14:08 -0800
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        Yar Tikhiy <yar@comp.chem.msu.su>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: memguard monitoring of more than 1 memory_type?

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:01:21PM +0300, Yar Tikhiy wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:31:52AM -0800, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > Can memguard monitor the usage of more that one memory_type?
>
> From the memguard(9) manpage:
>
>      Currently, MemGuard can only take over malloc(), realloc() and free() for
>      a particular malloc type.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.   I've read that manpage several
times and somehow missed the word "particular".   It's unfortunate
that it can't monitor more than one type of memory allocation because
the new pts code has either uncovered a latent bug in devfs or the
pts patch is stomping on memory.

--
Steve