Date:      Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:29:08 -0700
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Nuno Teixeira <nu@nunotex.freeshell.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg meta-port?

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 13:36, Nuno Teixeira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is is planned to create a meta-port to xorg ports?
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	Nuno Teixeira

Yes, when we've got the core pieces all in the tree (I include the print
and font servers in there).

For now the next major step is updating imake, because that's blocking
XFree86 4.4 ports (since I was planning on having that be only provided
by xorg).  I'm working on that now.  Actually, I'm going to add it as
devel/imake-6, and make an xorg switch for bsd.port.mk to be tested, so
I can keep my hands as clean of XFree86 as possible and keep kkenn
happy.  I still don't like the idea of having these pieces that are used
by so many ports being interchangable, but it's becoming more ok with
me.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org