Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:43:34 +0100
From:      Cyril Guibourg <cg+fbsd-stable@guibourg.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   [4.9 + EPIA M9000] Weird USB things

Hello everybody,

I was just wondering if someone has got a clue about my problem that occurs
with RELENG_4_9 running on an EPIA M9000 mobo.

While USB devices are detected at boot, I noticed that usbd won't
get noticed of insert/remove events.

I tried to play with an UMAX 2200 and one USB memory stick it's always
the same thing: detected at boot, then once usbd is started in debug
mode I see attach notifications in the logs but after that no other
event will occur.

I also noticed that the hub I use won't be powered anymore once the
last USB device has been removed. I also tried without the hub, it's
always the same story.

I created a kernel with USB_DEBUG and set level to 10 for all oids in order
to figure out what is wrong. The only interesting thing I noticed is that
once some usb device is removed, the USB driver enters something that
looks like an endless loop. Of course, I may be wrong: I'm really clueless
about kernel internals.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Kernel dmesg: http://www.teaser.fr/~cguibourg/dmesg.txt