Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 13:57:25 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
Cc:        ady@warpnet.ro, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk, scrappy@hub.org
Subject:   Re: -stable (in)stability (was Re: Best version of FBSD for INN ?)

Thomas David Rivers wrote:

> >       Please don't crosspost. Thanks.
>
>  Now - here's an interesting phenom.  (If I can take a tangent
> for awhile.)

	Actually it's not particularly interesting.

>  I didn't intentionally cross-post - I merely hit `r' to R)eply
> in Mail, and didn't pay attention to the headers.

	A common mistake.

>  Now - on this e-mail I did pay attention to the To: lines.  But I
> notice that the topic is now going to a list I don't read.

	So if the mail had been properly directed to -stable only in the first
place, you never would have entered into the equation.

>  Yes - you are right - as soon as the 3.3-RELEASE CDs get here, I
> will try it out.

	That's great, but you still won't be using -Stable.

>  Also, I believe one of the original posters indicated he saw the
> problem in 3.x - so, _if_ this is the same problem, a data point that
> shows the issue came to light in an older release can help debugging
> efforts.

	And many such data points have already been discussed, on the -Stable
mailing list, where all the developers who deal with -Stable hang out,
read the mail, etc. This isn't a federal offense, and it _is_ a common
mistake. I am merely attempting to point out that your (pl.)
justifications are not valid.

	If you are interested in tracking this problem you should subscribe to
-stable, which is a low-volume list most of the time. I'm afraid you
won't get any sympathy from us as to how much mail you get per day.

Good luck,

Doug
--
"Stop it, I'm gettin' misty."