Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 12:23:28 +0200 (West-Europa (zomertijd))
From:      Rogier Steehouder <r.j.steehouder@student.utwente.nl>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [FBSD-Q] Create ISO image from CDROM?

Mail from Scot W. Hetzel, sent 31-03-2001:

> I am trying to create an ISO image from a hybrid CD-ROM (Windows/Mac).  But
> when I try to create the image with "dd", I get the following error:
>
> # dd if=/dev/acd0c of=image.iso
> dd: /dev/acd0c: Bad address
> 0+0 records in
> 0+0 records out
> 0 bytes transferred in 2.128974 secs (0 bytes/sec)
>
> How do I create the ISO image file from the CD?

I recently learned you should specify a blocksize when reading from
CD-ROM: bs=2048. I haven't tried yet and I don't know the exact number
for sure.

With kind regards, Rogier Steehouder

--
-O_\ Rogier Steehouder                                //
/ \  http://home.student.utwente.nl/r.j.steehouder/ //  \