Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 09:19:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Turrin <mlt@linkzone.com>
To:        Brian Clapper <bmc@WillsCreek.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing . . .

Hello Brian,

Thanks for the reference.

3.2     Upgrading from earlier releases of FreeBSD.

Yes I have reviewed this but it falls short of describing what to do
after:

5.  Drop user in a shell so that they may perform that merge before
      rebooting into the new system.

What merge is necessary at this point?  Is there a command that is run
from this mini shell that does it or do you need to manually update
certain files?  Which ones?

The documentation is good up to this point but I think there needs to be a
check list of what to do from here while in the single-user-mode shell.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark L. Turrin         Save the whales...collect the whole set.
mlt@linkzone.com