Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2002 07:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/39980: x11/kdebase3 installs files with wrong permissions

The following reply was made to PR ports/39980; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>,
	Michael Nottebrock <lofi@lofi.dyndns.org>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:26:57 -0400

 On Saturday 29 June 2002 03:01, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
 > >Number:         39980
 > >Category:       ports
 > >Synopsis:       x11/kdebase3 installs files with wrong permissions

 As we discussed on IRC this morning, the problem isn't the perms the file=
 s=20
 have, but the perms the *copied* files are given. IOW, it's a coding issu=
 e.

 Hopefully I can look at this over the weekend and create a patch for it. =
 Since=20
 it's a one-shot thing, it may do things the straightforward way, instead =
 of=20
 setting up a file-copy job using dcop; If it is the latter, it may take a=
  bit=20
 longer to sort out. A lot of the dcop code is ad-hoc, rather than generat=
 ed=20
 by an IDL compiler; this means it's more error prone and somewhat harder =
 to=20
 read. and so a solution may take a bit longer.

 Once I've tracked it down and patched it, I'll file a bug with KDE.
 --=20
 AlanE (official weird-bug whacker of the KDE-FreeBSD Team)