Date:      Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:36:11 -0400
From:      Blake Darche <blake.darche@gmail.com>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: Real IP under NAT

Chuck,

pf can do this:

"
Bidirectional Mapping (1:1 mapping)
A bidirectional mapping can be established by using the binat rule. A
binat rule establishes a one to one mapping between an internal IP
address and an external address. This can be useful, for example, to
provide a web server on the internal network with its own external IP
address. Connections from the Internet to the external address will be
translated to the internal address and connections from the web server
(such as DNS requests) will be translated to the external address. TCP
and UDP ports are never modified with binat rules as they are with nat
rules.

Example:

    web_serv_int =3D "192.168.1.100"
    web_serv_ext =3D "24.5.0.6"

    binat on tl0 from $web_serv_int to any -> $web_serv_ext
" http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/nat.html

Blake

On 7/18/05, DerAlSem <deralsem@deralsem.com> wrote:
> Hello Chuck,
>=20
> Monday, July 18, 2005, 7:16:38 PM, you wrote:
>=20
> > DerAlSem wrote:
> > [ ... ]
> >> I've 5 external (real) IP, one is assigned on external if. Also there
> >> are 20 internal computers with 192.168.0.* ip's (NAT+IPFW). I need to =
assign one
> >> of that computer an external ip. Somebody told me, that it can be done
> >> with ARP-proxy, but i couldn't find any info on that. 10x in advance.
>=20
> > See "man natd":
>=20
> >       -redirect_address localIP publicIP
> >                   Redirect traffic for public IP address to a machine o=
n the
> >                   local network.  This function is known as static NAT.=
  Nor-