Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 00:38:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Pittsburgh August IETF Meeting: FreeBSD dinner, et al?

So it's coming up on that IETF time of year again, this time in beautiful
(?) down-town Pittsburgh, in the first week of August.

First, I'd like to encourage FreeBSD people to turn out for the event, as
a strong showing in the standards community is great, and keeps the
research projects coming to the platform (bring us things like
industry-standard IP stacks).   IETF meetings are a lot of fun, even if
you don't have the technical background to participate fully.  The hotels
are filling fast, so book soon.

Second, I'd like to bring up the topic of a FreeBSD dinner.  We did one at
the November IETF in DC with relatively good success, last year, although
a reservation in advance is probably a good idea this time :-).  With that
in mind, I'd be glad to help organize things somewhat.  The best day for
me might actually be Monday evening, during the two-hour break, but I'm
open to suggestions here if there are any serious BSD conflicts (i.e., a
KAME meeting or something).  If you're interested in participating, please
feel free to send me an e-mail including:

 Your name
 Your preferred e-mail address
 Your preferred contact mechanism while at IETF (shout, for example, but
    preferably e-mail, or hotel information)
 Whether you would like to attend (obligatory: yes)
 Whether Monday would work for you or not, and if not, why

Hope to see you all there!

  Robert N M Watson