Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 06:26:16 -0400
From:      "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How about building modules along with the kernel? (was: cvs commit:  src/sys/modules/syscons/fire fire_saver.c src/sys/modules/syscons/rain  rain_saver.c src/sys/modules/syscons/warp warp_saver.c)

> > FOLLOWS UP DIRECTED THERE.  PLEASE *REMOVE* cvs-all & cvs-committers from
> > this thread.
[...]
> cvs-all doesn't appear to be a real mailing list, be we all know that
> there are about 200 people there.  That means nearly 900 people on the
> (mutually exclusive) cvs lists, at least another 800 over in -current,
> less than 500 in -arch.  You can't force a committer to join -arch,
> which is why I still prefer -committers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have the feeling that architectural
discussions are off-topic on -commits and perfectly on-topic on
-arch. I have to admit that I seem unable to find a list charter
for -commits but it seems unlikely that it would be the same as
the charter for -arch.

You surely aren't saying that you want people to post to the wrong
list just because you don't feel like joining -arch? Nobody is
forcing you to join -arch, but you have to if you want to have
"Discussion related to FreeBSD architecture" .

Keep in mind that by having architectural discussions on -commits
you are annoying people that are just interested in commit msgs.

Or maybe the various charters need revision?

Cheers,
Jeroen