Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 1995 23:46:57 +0200
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   x session crash

This is not a bug report or even a complaint, merely an observation ...

My X session just collapsed & I had to login again, I've no idea what did
it, & it doesn't worry me much, but it could've been a little embarassing
during a customer demo or some such, perhaps it was just the old kernel,
or X , or ..

I was running my current (from yesterday) system with a kernel from a couple of
weeks back, with a slip con. & 5 chimeras, & fvwm the odd vi or 2 & exmh,
& a colour ghostview (of something I'd just picked up on thge Web), all
on my 486, ie normalish load, 'cept a couple more chimeras than usual,
+ I don't normally ghostview in colour

It wasnt the gv alone BTW, after I'd dropped the slip, gv started OK again,
Whatever, s/w or hardware glitch ... it's just a datum

PS I'm running an old kernel 'cos I'm one of those folks caught by the
slice changes that hasn't figured it all out yet, & the old kernel is happy  ;-)

Julian S	<jhs@freebsd.org>