Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 2010 00:20:13 GMT
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/151725: sysutils/hal: hald fails to start with dbus-1.4

The following reply was made to PR ports/151725; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
To: Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Cc: Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>, gnome@freebsd.org,
        bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 19:02:13 -0500

 On 11/5/10 1:33 PM, Andriy Gapon wrote:
 > on 05/11/2010 19:24 Andriy Gapon said the following:
 >> It looked like the issue was caused by the above write() call after a sufficiently
 >> quick child process had already exited.
 >
 > The proper patch.

 While I don't really have a problem with this patch, I'm am a bit
 curious as to why it's now needed.  Could either of you downgrade to
 dbus-1.2, then add something like:

 g_warning ("XXX: Trying to write '%s' to stdin", r->input);

 At line 285 (right below the "if").  I'd love to know what is being
 written there normally to try and see if there is a hidden problem with
 the dbus upgrade.  Thanks.

 Joe

 --
 Joe Marcus Clarke