Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:13:56 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jason <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I was rooted using telnet

Hello:

A couple of days ago I was rooted by someone using a telnet exploit.  I
have been cvsup'ing my sources regularly and was using 4.4-RC at the
time.  I've since moved to 4.4-STABLE.  It looks like they used some kind
of script.  I still have it if anyone wants it.  Since then I have turned
off telnet in inetd and blocked the port with a firewall.

Anyone have any ideas on how a person could do this?  I looks like this
script just tries to move a lot of data for a long period of time.

---
Jason
jason@jason-n3xt.org