Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:09:45 +0100
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Michael Johnson <ahze@ahze.net>
Subject:   Re: Kernel module path for ports?

El Mi=E9rcoles, 26 de Enero de 2005 09:42, Michael Johnson escribi=F3:
> On Jan 26, 2005, at 3:32 AM, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> > El Mi=E9rcoles, 26 de Enero de 2005 03:51, Craig Boston escribi=F3:
> >> I'm working on a port that needs to install a kernel module (loaded by
> >> an rcNG script). Is there a preferred location for kernel modules
> >> installed by a port?
> >>
> >> A quick search of Google, the Porter's Handbook, and hier(7) came up
> >> empty. The following locations seem to be popular:
> >>
> >> $PREFIX/lib/$PORTNAME
> >
> > better ${PREFIX}/libexec/...
> >
> >> $PREFIX/modules
> >
> > Not an option
>
> rtc installs kernel module here.

You may also install doc under ${PREFIX}/doc, but the correct place (or the=
=20
most common) is ${PREFIX}/share/doc.

You may get a good description of this with the output of your favourite=20
'configure --help' script

> Michael

=2D-
  josemi