Date:      Sat, 03 Apr 1999 20:43:41 -0800
From:      Darren Pilgrim <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Installation Guide Project [Was: Re: FreeBSD Adovcacy]

Bill Fumerola wrote:
<snip>
> Blah, blah, yadda, yadda. Instead of being a hero for the people try
> updaing the existing documentation.
<snip>
> If you want to duplicate work, by all means, put it on your own website
> and scream on the mailing lists "_MY_ work is better, go to
> http://foo/FreeBSD-better-handbook/".
>
> Just don't expect anyone to 'cvs rm' the handbook (which isn't bad at all)
> and import your newest brainstorm.
<snip>
> That would be because you are trying to replace an established work with
> your pipedream.
<snip>
> This may sound like a quote from a jkh post, but: I haven't seen anything
> tangible, just an "I don't like this", and when you've moved on to other
> things, the handbook will still be here.
<snip>

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.  Perhaps you'd
like to read my other comments and elaboration about the IGP?  I'm not
trying to replace the Handbook.

--
dpilgrim@uswest.net           /\  / __         Our lies are merely the
gryph@mindless.com           /  \/OC/URNE       truth of another world