Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 2009 19:33:10 +0400
From:      Max Brazhnikov <makc@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        kde-freebsd@kde.org, Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.ports@mailing.thruhere.net>, Alexander Churanov <alexanderchuranov@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: devel/boost: new patch for testing update to 1.39

--nextPart1591357.nM9oiCXpyI

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:28:02 +0400, Alexander Churanov wrote:
> 2009/8/4 Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.ports@mailing.thruhere.net>:
> > I think for the time being PySTE support should be off by default,
> > because it pulls in a second libc and databases/akonadi plus kdeedu[34]
> > use boost-python and because gccxml looks like a dead project.
>
> Agree.
PySTE was disabled before boost split, would be nice to have it disabled fo=
r=20
now also.

> > ports/123927 could be solved/prevented by using a WANT_BOOST_PYSTE in
> > dependent ports that rely on boost having PYSTE and using PKGNAMESUFFIX
> > plus pkg_info to verify if boost-python-libs is boost-python-pyste-libs=
 -
> > as a stop-gap.
>
> Well, if the user installs some port that depends on
> boost-python-libs, the user gets boost-python-libs installed. Then the
> user wants to install another port that depends on
> boost-python-pyste-libs. Would this succeed?

there is no any port depending on pyste and I doubt there will be one in ne=
ar=20
future. Pulling gcc3 for newer systems because of hardly potential=20
inconvenience seems to be excessive for me.

Regards,
Max