Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:44:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: repeatable lockup (pipe related?)

:	.SH foo, bar, baz
:
:and then a lot of junk text (I appended /etc/rc and /etc/rc.network). Then,
:when I do
:
:	nroff -ms foo.ms 2>&1 | less
:
:and quit 'less' straight away, the whole system seems to lockup.  ^T
:worked (sometimes), and showed troff using lots of system time (no user
:time). ping from another host worked, ctrl-alt-esc dropped into DDB ok,
:but that was about all. (ctrl-alt-del didn't work.)
:
:Of course, when it first happened I wasn't trying to process /etc/rc*

    Awweeesome :-)

    I was able to repeat it.  Should be trivial to fix... obviously a bug
    in the pipe code somewhere.  I'm working on it.

						-Matt