Date:      Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:56:45 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Daniel Eriksson" <daniel_k_eriksson@telia.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA MkIII - Hang after resume solution

> From: "Daniel Eriksson" <daniel_k_eriksson@telia.com>
> Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:18:52 +0200
>
> Kevin Oberman wrote:
>
> > Everything appears to re running as it did prior to MkIII except the
> > slight oddity that the cd (atapicam) now does not probe until
> > after root
> > is mounted.
>
> Could this be related to the fact that ata now is modularized? Have you
> removed any ata devices from the kernel config compared to GENERIC?

Daniel,

Thanks for the suggestion. It caused me to look at diffs between my
kernel and GENERIC for the first time since I started running 5 CURRENT
at least two years ago. Not too surprisingly, I had missed a couple of
things.

In regard to this, I don't have ataraid, atapifd, or atapist in my
kernel. I don't see why this should have any impact. I am not loading
any ata or atapi modules (checked with kldstat). atapicam0 and atapicam1
are both probing normally.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)