Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 1996 12:48:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        erich@ip.org (Eric L. Hinson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BitSurfr Pro --> Livingston 5-BRI at 128K?

Eric L. Hinson wrote:
> I am trying to establish a ~128k connection from a FreeBSD-stable machine
> running user process ppp with a BitSurfr Pro to a BRI port on a Livingston
> PortMaster.  I have been successful at getting both 56k/async and
> 64k/async connections, but have been unable to get both channels going
> at the same time.  My current connection allows my LAN at home to connect
> to the ISP I maintain.
>
> Has someone out there got this to work?  If so, could you please share

yes, though I'm running -current.

> with me how you accomplished this?  I would like to establish the
> highest speed/performance link possible with my configuration, and greatly
> appreciate any and all help you can provide.  Thanks for your help.

# BitSurfer Pro 56K channels, MultiLink, Livingston Portmaster 2E
bspro56mllv:
 set debug phase chat lcp lqm
 set device /dev/cuaa0
 set speed 115200
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT&F&C1&D3%A4=1@B0=2%A2=
95 OK-AT-OK \\dATD\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
 deny lqr
 disable lqr
 disable pred1
 deny pred1
 set timeout 0
 set phone 18006145600&18006145600
 accept chap
 set authname MYAUTHNAME
 set authkey MYKEY
 set ifaddr 0 0
 set openmode active
 dial
 add 0 0 HISADDR

The change required to support 64K channels is trivial.
--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com