Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 1996 09:44:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help w/ finding sgmlnorm for mirroring of web pages

On Sat, 21 Dec 1996, John-Mark Gurney wrote:

> I'm currently using cvsup to get a copy of the cvs tree for the www
> pages...  but when I try to make and install the pages...  it complains
> about sgmlnorm not being found...
>
> I can't find sgmlnorm ANY WHERE... I have a full cvs src tree for
> FreeBSD... plus ports...  and I search through it all (yes it did take a
> while)...  but the only reference in the WHOLE tree was in web.mk for the
> build...
>
> any pointers to the program would be greatly apriciated...  ttyl..

John Fieber's using James Clark's newer version of sgmls, called nsgmls,
version 1.1.  Ftp to jclark.com, I think it's the pub/sp directory.

He hasn't brough it into current because it's something like 1.5 megs
(much bigger than the current one) and he's sensitive to the calls of
bloat.  I think it's going to be forced to happen sooner or later, tho
When James Clark's new jade DSSSL tool gets to the point we can use it, we
won't be able to wait any longer.

> John-Mark
>
> gurney_j@efn.org
> http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
> Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)
>
> Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |