Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 1995 19:32:08 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   using NCR810 with 2.0.5.R

Hi

When testing a NCR810 card I got cheaply (~ $20) using 205R I noticed
some strangeness when I tried disklabel on a virgin disk. Quite a
lot of messages from the ncr driver about some assert/assumption
failing and then a sort of scsi bus lockup.

When I used the system's onboard 810 I had a similar experience so
it's probably not hardware. BTW Machine is a Digital Celebris P90,
8Mb.

General question: I plan to put this 810 in my to-be-bought Pentium.
Is 205R generally stable with a 810 or do I need 2.1R ?

Thanks,