Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 20:34:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Eric Miller <ericmiller@net-gamers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RCA is moving to Mexico

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Eric Miller wrote:

> RCA is moving Bloomington and Indianapolis operations to Mexico.

Being a Bloomington resident, I can sympathize...

> There is a business plan on the internet that will Create 1,500 jobs in
> Bloomington and 500 jobs in Indianapolis, building the next  generation of
> computer. The Internet site is http://www.indiana.com/~emiller

The statement that automatic machine translation of human
language "is not currently available, but the first versions will
be available in less than 2 years!" makes be dubious of the whole
affair.  People have been saying this since the 1950s and it just
hasn't happened.  Human language translation is a *lot* more
complex than looking words up in a dictionary and syntaxt
transformations.

Bloomington needs real jobs, not a fantasy.  As for supporting
jobs in Indy, just convince all your fiends who are not already
on Prozac that they really would be better off if they were.  :)

(For non-hoosiers: Prozac is made by Lilly who is based in
Indianapolis.  If you don't know about Prozac, what rock have
you been under?)

-john