Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 08:56:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dancheff George <gdancheff@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Downloader 4 X problems

 Hi ,
 I have installed FreeBSD4.2 , but I experience some
 problems with Downloader for X 1.20pre version -
 which
 is also able to download from HTTP , but not from
 FTP
 servers. I used the ports collection to install it
 ( /usr/ports/ftp/downloader/ ) . So I decided to try
 the newest version and downloaded the source of
 version 1.26 and install it manually , using gmake
 instead of make ( because the last gives me errors
 output ) . Again just the HTTP protocol works , when
 try to download with FTP the log says "could not
 establish data connection". All dependencies are
 also
 instralled ( gettext-0.10.35, glib-1.2.8 ,
 gmake-3.79.1, gtk-1.2.10 and XFree 3.3.6 of course
 ).
 I also tried to delete the config files in my home
 directory ./ntrc , but again no success .
 These sources of  Downloader are compiled ,
 installed
 and work properly on my Linux box .

 Where could be the problem on my FreeBSD box ?

Thank you in advance !