Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:09:18 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@schweikhardt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CURRENT's termcap broken

On (2002/08/28 20:32), Jens Schweikhardt wrote:

> # > Yes, use plain TERM=xterm. It's got color now as it should. I'm
> # > thinking of removing xterm-color if I can't resolve the
> # > enter_alt_charset_mode stuff. Let me know if TERM=xterm does not
> # > work as expected in mutt et al.  I'll post a minor HEADS UP to
> # > current@.
> #
> # Doesn't work for centericq or mutt.
>
> Are you sure? I use mutt too (in an rxvt), and TERM=xterm works
> wonderfully with colors. Hang on, will test mutt in plain xterm...
> yes, works there too.  I do have customized my .muttrc and
> app-defaults/XTerm, however to use different colors from the standard
> ones. Maybe you have a stale termcap.db?

Argh, how stupid of me.

I tried removing TERM=xterm-color without rolling forward to your latest
version where xterm has colour support!

Your fix works great, thanks.

Do you have time to commit mention of it to UPDATING?  If so, please
draw Bruce Mah's attention to the delta so that he can steal your text
for use in the release notes.  If not, I'll get around to it eventually.
:-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.