Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:16:45 -0500
From:      Joshua Coombs <jcoombs@gwi.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   iPaq news

The onboard modem, despite not looking like an lt winmodem when looking
at the chip itself, does infact work with the ltmdn port.  Just need to
add it's pci vendor/id combo to the src before compiling.

0x11c1 0x0441

Still have one pci device coming up that I haven't id'd yet, nor have I
gotten apm (using 4.7) to work.  If anyone's got experience enabling apm
with a VIA MVP4 based system let me know.  Enabling it in the kernel
(and removing the disable flag) does not result in any form of apm being
detected, yet I know this machine is capible of it.  (It uses strictly
soft power control, it's a pain having to shut it off by yanking the
power cord.)

The iPaq has also survived approx 24 hours of constant compiling from
ports and kernels swapping to a vn file backed swap drive powered by a
umass device with out a hiccup.  If someone can walk me through what
needs to be done I'd like to help diag why you can't swap directly to
the umass drive.

Joshua Coombs