Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 11:22:50 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Version Resolution?

> >> Did the question of how to identify versions (or revisions or
> >> whatever) get resolved?
> >>
> >> Looking at /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh, it looks as if what I'm
> >> going to get if I build a new kernel is 2.2.5-STABLE, without
> >> any identifying date ("sources as of") of the type that was
> >> discussed here earlier.
> >
> >Richard Wackerbath came up with a solution to it, but he fell off the
> >face of the earth before it got completed. ;(
>
> No. After I did the initial implementation to a specification that you
> considered acceptable, you insisted that I add additional features.

That is patently untrue.  I *never* once agreed that the initial
specification was acceptable, and continued to press for the need to
have the solution deal with new branches 'on the fly'.

In any case, why are you doing this?  I'm trying to help here, and now
you're jumping all over me after I sent you numerous emails over the
course of 2 weeks *AFTER* 2.2.5 was released which you didn't respond
to.

> Rather than attempt to meet a "moving target" before ANY of my work
> is allowed in, I prefer to spend my limited time working within other
> projects where the methodology is specification driven.

This is utter and complete BS.  Richard, you have now made it completely
obvious that you no intent on doing anything of the sort, and instead
are only interested in taking potshots at developers from the stands
without any interest or desire to make any real contributions to the
FreeBSD code-base.

If anyone really cares, I have the complete archive of the discussion
squirelled away to prove my point.

This is the last time I volunteer to help Richard with anything, since
it's obvious that he's not interested in helping, and only wasting my
time.

Nate