Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 11:26:34 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>, asmodai@wxs.nl, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sun Source Code?

At 06:23 PM 12/20/98 +0200, Narvi wrote:
[Truncated so I don't kill myself with the pagedown key]
>I see. I wrote personal use only because I saw the string "single user
>licence" somewhere. And single user == personal use in a sense (well, ok,
>maybe the sense is probably not so apparent to the native English
>speakers).
>
>If the CDE on the CD worked with FreeBSD emulation of SVR4....

Hmm.. I know that someone got Solaris x86 bins to work partially via SVR4
emulation if I recall.. Unfortunately that doesn't help matters when Sparc
and X86 Solaris binaries are not cross-platform.. Life would be easy if it
just said "Solaris" and you could use it.  I haven't played with the SVR4
emulation for that reason, the Solaris version of CP, MV, etc. don't
interest me when they do basically the same thing as the *BSD ones :)

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange, Bangor Maine USA
http://www.droo.orland.me.us

PGP ID: 409A1F7D