Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 2003 21:56:53 -0600
From:      "Gene Harris (e-mail)" <geneh@tetronsoftware.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: One Question on configure and version testing

gnomeprint and bonobo both had the problem.  I cvsup'ed the ports tree ag=
ain,=20
after deleting the ports completly, just in case something was wrong.

The configure script flipped out while checking libXml in gnomeprint and=20
bonobo and libIDL in bonobo.  I just hard coded the vers variable to get=20
around the error.

Gene

On Wednesday 01 January 2003 09:48 pm, you wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 22:36, Gene Harris (e-mail) wrote:
> > I am having a bit of a problem with the configure scripts on some gno=
me
> > ports quitting.
> >
> > If a version is labeled with a non-numeric character in some of the g=
nome
> > applications, the configure script gets confused and dies.
> >
> > The bsd portversion will be assigned something like 1.8.17_1 for libX=
ml.=20
> > The configure script might be looking for something greater than 1.8.=
8.=20
> > I've found that all I have to do is edit the configure script and har=
> > code the libXml version into the variable "vers" and comment out the
> > gnome-configure extraction of the version.  This seems a bit tedious.=
  Is