Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:20:04 GMT
From:      Christopher Sean Morrison <brlcad@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-threads@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/86029: undefined reference to `_thread_dump_info'

The following reply was made to PR kern/86029; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Christopher Sean Morrison <brlcad@mac.com>
To: Daniel Eischen <deischen@freebsd.org>
Cc: David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>, bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:16:26 -0400

 On Sep 21, 2005, at 3:07 PM, Daniel Eischen wrote:

 > If you're debugging the threads library, you should be looking
 > at its source.  SIGINFO just calls _thread_dump_info() (which
 > is not exported in libpthread) and does the same thing.  But,
 > SIGINFO was meant more for us to debug the thread library.

 Good to know, sounds like that may be a better solution for this
 particular situation and esoteric enough to not warrant maintaining the
 _thread_dump_info() call in order to support older BSD systems that
 perhaps predate or don't support the SIGINFO behavior.  For what it's
 worth, this bit of code has in fact been used to debug the threading
 libraries in the past.

 > I'm going to close this one.  You'll need something that
 > easily regenerates your problem if you file another bug
 > report on it.

 Thanks for your suggestions and insight.

 Cheers!
 Sean