Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2002 15:01:29 -0400 (AST)
From:      Jeff MacDonald <jeff@tsunamicreek.com>
To:        Lee Mark Mercado <mercadolee@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dual boot freebsd and windows XP

HI,

I've done this on my laptop as well as my desktop, it's
quite simple.

1: Install WindowsXP on a presized partition, or repartition
it afterwards with something like partition magic.

2: install freebsd on the other partition, when the install
comes to the part asking you to install a boot manager, do so
=2E It auto detects the winxp as win2k [afaik]

Then it just works when you reboot. it will ask you

F1 ???
F2 FreeBSD

F1 is windows.

Jeff