Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:44:00 +0200
From:      Lorenzo Perone <lopez.on.the.lists@yellowspace.net>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS patches

Hi,

Just let me intro this mail with a "Sorry for asking..."
as I know the efforts already ongoing ar huge and I do
respect this!

But, here it is: any chances to see these patches on
7-STABLE anytime... soon?

I think there would be many more testers available (me included)
than for HEAD. In my case, for example, all I could afford now
is to set up a complete-test-only box with the HEAD code, which in
turn wouldn't be a real test case as it would be "just" a test box
for zfs.

Whereas I could afford to test it in much more "real life"
situation with 7-STABLE.
My guess is that this would be the case for many others.

The problem about HEAD is that there would be too many
spots with potential problems (which ports work, which don't,
scripts that might make 7-bound assumptions, etc..)
so that I can't afford that for anything below "test only" boxes..

Just experienced a deadlock again on 7-STABLE with zfs, that's
why I'm refreshing this...

Kudos && Regards,

Lorenzo