Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:00:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      burningclown@westhost43.westhost.net
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   lost pccard after rebuild

Hi,

After finally getting my pccard (a 3Com589D) working under FreeBSD 4.3, I
excitedly cvsup'd and rebuilt the system on my Toshiba Satellite Pro
470CDT. Now, the thang don't work no more! Dagnab it.

I wonder if I should -not- have run MAKEDEV at the end of it all (e.g. at
the end of the make installworld - mergemaster process)?

Here are what appear to be the troublesome lines upon bootup:

Starting standard daemons: inetdFeb 11 18:46:44 eriugena pccardd[44]:
  No card in database for "(null)"(null)")
Feb 11 18:46:44 eriugena pccardd[44]: pccardd started

So pccardd is starting but somehow the card is not getting recognized
correctly? Or ... what? I don't get any of the beeps and tweedles as the
interface comes up anymore, either. In fact, when I type

ifconfig ep0 up

I'm told "interface ep0 does not exist"

Anyone have any ideas of what dumber-than-dirt thing I might have done? Do
I need to compile a custom kernel (which I need to do anyway) to get my
interface back?

Thanks,

Glenn