Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 2003 17:37:14 -0600
From:      "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   asr monitoring

We are becomming somewhat unhappy with our 3ware controllers, and so
we're looking at other solutions, the most obvious being the Adaptec
2400A, which is kinda nice. One part that we haven't figured out yet
is how to watch for events on the controller.

On the 3ware controllers we'd just watch for kernel syslog messages
with logwatcher. I can't seem to find a solution that'll let us watch
for events for the asr controller. We'd like an email and/or page sent
out when a disk fails (or other events).

Anybody got some advice they are willing to seel cheap?