Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 03:38:05 -0500
From:      Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@ren.eecis.udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Serial Questions

I'm running FreeBSD-current on a IBM StinkPad 760ED.  Works like a dream
except for two things.  I hope someone out there can help.  8)

First, I've decided not to use pccardd because of the really lousy
performance that I get with my 3c589d.

Not a real problem because I just compile support for the zp0 driver and
it works well.

However, now I can't get my xj1336 modem to work.  I've tried including
sio1 support using everything from "IO_COM2" to 0x2f8, 0x2e8 and 0x3e0
(explicit values that were listed by "pccardc dumpcis").  Can't find it
on any of those ports.  Of course this cheeses me off a bit because when
I pop my NT drive into the machine it detects the card on COM2.

I've got be missing something, but what?

Second, I'm tired of hotsyncing my pilot at 9600bps.  So, I include the
high-speed flag for the sio0 driver.  Then I try doing a "stty -f
/dev/cuaa0 115200" and it doesn't work.  Anyone have any ideas on this
one?

As always, thanks in advance.

        --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8