Date:      Tue, 25 May 2010 16:30:04 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   named - Is It Possible to Forward Requests for One Domain to Another Server?

In my home network, I have named running to resolve machines on my LAN.
It is also configured to forward requests to my ISP for all other queries.

On another machine in my LAN, I used mpd to create a vpn connection to
my work and set appropriate routes so that any machine on my LAN can
access any machine at my work over the vpn (using mpd's nat function).
This works when accessing via the IP address.  Now I'm trying to get DNS
resolution for machines at work.

Is there some way I can tell named to request DNS info for my work
domain from my work's DNS server available over the vpn?  Does this make
sense?

Thanks,

Drew