Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 2015 13:45:22 -0500
From:      Jason Bacon <jwbacon@tds.net>
To:        Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>, freebsd-infiniband@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Mark Johnston <markj@FreeBSD.org>, Jeff Roberson <jroberson@jroberson.net>, Benno Rice <benno@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Enable OFED/Infiniband support in 11.0-RELEASE by default?

I've admittedly been out of action on this for a while, but last time I
checked, the IB network stack could be loaded as a kernel module, but a
build world was still required to add IB support to userland tools.  If
this is no longer the case, please excuse my spam.

If kernel stability is still a concern, perhaps we could leave the
kernel module unloaded by default, but eliminate the need for a build
world by enabling IB support by default outside the kernel?

I *will* get back to testing this soon, as I'm in the midst of building
a new 2,000-core HPC cluster and I have servers available to experiment
with.  I'm eager to see what kind of performance we can get from a
FreeBSD file server with ZFS and FDR IB.

Regards,

     Jason