Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 21:54:02 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        alk@pobox.com
Cc:        J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Where to put java libs

> Quoth Joe Shevland on Fri, 18 December:
> : How about standardizing on a /usr/local/lib/java?
>
> /usr/local/share/java.

Or, we can act like alot of other applications in the system and dump
application specific 'libraries' (jars) in /usr/local/app/lib.  That's
what we (my company) does with it's Java application.

For the most part, the libraries are very rarely shared, and because
Java (the implementation) changes so fast, it's harder to write
libraries that are generically useful.  That and the fact that the base
libraries are pretty useful. :)

Nate