Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:22:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Christopher J. Michaels" <cjm2@weeble.DynDns.ORG>
To:        Juha Saarinen <juha_saarinen@email.msn.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Ports and upgrading

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Juha Saarinen wrote:

> 	This was already addressed in one of the patches applied to the
> > 2.0.5a version in the ports.  But I am well aware of the bug as I had to
> > patch it on my system before it made it's way into the ported version.
>
> Are you sure? It seems to be in the 2.0.5a ports still.
>
> > 	I wasn't aware there was a 2.0.6 to be honest.  :)  Maybe they found
> > a better fix for it.
>
> Almost. Now I get full speed copies from the server, but only a third of
> that to the server. It's an improvement, but...
>
> > 	That should be fine.. you could try synching with the main site just
> > to see if there is a difference.
>
> No diff. Still KDE 1.1.1 as far as I can see. Tried building the stuff
> manually, but was tripped up with the QT moc (meta object compiler) not
> doing its thing properly... think I need to start again. Sigh.

Ah, I forgot about that problem.  If memory serves me, you'll actually
need to deinstall all of the kde packages, delete the tarballs and
reinstall the kde11 metaport.

The problem is that all of the packages #1 show up as already being
installed, and i believe #2 the tarball names from 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 are
exactly the same.

-Chris