Date:      Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:33:57 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Chuck Robey" <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, Luis Medinas <lmedinas@gmail.com>, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Brasero on FreeBSD

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 15:27:46 -0600, Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org> wrot=
e:

 =

>> you.

>> > I didn't know what brasero was, so I wewnt to their website.  I fou=
nd
>> > that
>> > the version number for their stable release is 0.5.2, while I see t=
he
>> > ports
>>
>> Which website? In the http://www.gnome.org/projects/brasero/ shows th=
at
>> 0.7.x is stable release.
>
> Hmm, I see.  I was getting ready to jump on  you for not reading  =

> carefully,
> but when I looked at the home page of the page I *had* been using, I s=
aw  =

> totally differnt answer.  I'll give you both of them and maybe you'll =
see
> what I mean:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/brasero/screenshots.html
> (look at the download section on the right hand side, where it specifi=
es
> 0.5.2 as the stable one)
>
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/brasero/index.html
> (this is the home page, it's probably what you used, and it says 0.7.0=
 at
> nearly the same point as the other referenced page).
>
> Well, this explains (perhaps) why the port wasn't updated: the port  =

> author *could have* been fooled as I was.

We (FreeBSD GNOME Team) were not fool by this. We knew that we should  =

update brasero to 0.6.x that time when it was stable release. Most of us=
  =

are busy and brasero seems to be low priority in the plates. The other o=
f  =

us don't know C/SCSI.

Let's bring this topic back, shall we? ;-)

Cheers,
Mezz

 =

 =

  =

>> not
>> fit in GNOME release.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mezz
>>
>> > answer, but maybe, if one would use the x11/gnome port as a guide,
>> > well, it's running at version 2.20.2, which I think (unless I misre=
ad
>> > their website) is their stable release ... but they didn't actually=

>> > seem to make
>> > any distinction on that site, current versus stable.  I still don't=

>> > know, but I think that brasero shouldn't just be automatically be
>> > updated to the
>> > current version without deciding that, right?
>> >
>> > Or, should the port have a second one, a brasero-current, added?  I=

>> > know that either way, a update is needed, but that needed to be loo=
ked
>> > at, right?

-- =

mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/  -  gnome@FreeBSD.org
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia@FreeBSD.org