Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2014 15:30:21 -0800
From:      Darren Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>,  freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Supermicro A1SRi-2758F, no NICs detected

I just got a Supermicro A1SRi-2758F mainboard (Atom C2758 CPU).  It
boots FreeBSD 9.2 amd64 just fine, but the kernel doesn't attach a
driver to any of the four ethernet devices.  The pciconf -lv output
looks like:

none3@pci0:0:20:0: class=0x020000 card=0x1f4115d9 chip=0x1f418086
rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
     class      = network
     subclass   = ethernet

The other three differ only by PCI selector: pci0:0:20:1, pci0:0:20:2,
and pci0:0:20:3.

These are the SoC gigabit controllers on the C2758, which I believe
makes them i354's.  Some rummaging about in forums tells me support for
these might be in FreeBSD 10?  Is that the case?  If so, will it be
backported to 9?