Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 1996 23:16:53 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty Jr.)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeDetect & Plug n Play

Amancio Hasty Jr. stands accused of saying:
> Is anyone looking into Plug&Play?
> It is rather nice to probe the bus and find out all the Plug&Play devices 8)

Looking, yes.  Doing anything? Hmm 8(

> Here is a contact sorry I forgot his name -- he is the Intel Manager for
> Plug & Play: 503-264-3196

There was a URL posted recently for the Intel IAL CD application form.
I filled this in on the last day before christmas, and received the disk
(FedExed to Australia) late last week.

There's a lot of documentation on it, and possibly enough to get us quite
a way down the track.

> We really need to talk to Intel to see if they will release the code
> for their configuration manager.

Obviously this would be nice, but given the heavy Microsoft presence
in this venture, I'm not hopeful 8(

> At any rate ,we will need Plug & Play support unless we are willing to
> boot dos to init the Plug&Play devices...

Indeed.

> 	Amancio

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[