Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 04:36:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        FreeBSD-STABLE <FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems with xe driver under 4.0-RELEASE

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Brandon D. Valentine wrote:

>On Wed, 31 May 2000, Brandon D. Valentine wrote:
>
>>Hey, I'm having trouble getting the xe driver to load for my Intel
>>EtherExpress PRO/100 16 bit PCMCIA card.  I know next to nothing about
>
>Well, to reply to my own message I poked around in the CVS and found
>that if_xe.c,v 1.13 that came with 4.0-RELEASE is broken.  I generated
>diff's to if_xe.c,v 1.20 as well as a diff to take me if_xevar.h to v
>1.5.  My compile dies though because of this local include lurking in
>if_xe.c,v 1.20:
>#include "card_if.h"

Well I think I figured out what's going on there.  When make depend in
the kernel build process goes about the process of makedevops it doesn't
make card_if.h out of src/sys/dev/pccard/card_if.m as it should.
Curious since card_if.m was included with 4.0.  If I can get past that
it shouldn't be a problem.  I don't know why it's not taken care of by
the Makefile but since I don't know a whole lot about the kernel build
process itself I'm just going to manually generate that file for now and
worry about fixing it later.  I realize I'm the only reader of -stable
still awake, but I'll welcome your input in the morning.  =)

Brandon D. Valentine
--
"You should believe in death, taxes, Larry Ellison's loathing of Bill
Gates and Intel's inability to ship a working chipset."