Date:      Sun, 2 Dec 2001 17:56:24 -0700
From:      "Totally Jayyness" <Jayyness@mindspring.com>
To:        "Greg Lane" <gregory.lane@anu.edu.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Questions in regards to VNC, remote management tool.

> This confused me a bit. I don't think VNC ever brings up a command
> line mode. Perhaps you are mistaking the default window manager twm
> with command line mode?

AH... Ok, sounds like I do have VNC running correctly... because it does
open an X window but the only window open inside it is a window running at
the command line...  very vanilla as one of the other repliers stated....

Then I try to run startx and that is where it hangs... because I am probably
trying to start and Xserver within and Xserver....  kinda hangs... I can
ctrl-C out of it but other then that, can't do much...

Thanks I will play around with it some more... at least I know I have it
running correctly.