Date:      Sat, 5 Mar 2005 07:57:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ralph <wildjeep01@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Swapping hard drives

Hello folks
  I'm looking to do a quick swap on a hard disk I currently have in my FreeBSD file-server.  It's an old 30Gb disk, and I've bought a nice, new big one to replace it.  The problem is, I'm not sure what the best way to do this is.  I have Samba shares on there, and other things, and as far as I'm concerned it's better if the system doesn't know [or care] that the disk is being swapped out, does that make sense?

  I guess what I'm asking is this, what's the best way to do a swap like this?

Thanks.

Ralph Los
    Information Security Consultant
    bOUNDARIEZ