Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:38:02 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        jim@luna.cdrom.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail missing?

As I recall, Jim Mock wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 at 17:42:11 -0700, Chad R. Larson wrote:
> > This may have already been discussed on some other list, but I'm
> > surprised to find sendmail has gone missing from the ports
> > collection.
>
> Sendmail isn't in the ports collection, it's in the base system.

Yes, but in the past, you could set NO_SENDMAIL in /etc/make.conf so
it wouldn't be built as part of the base system, and then build and
install one from the ports.  That generally got you the
latest-n-greatest version.  Or, allowed you to install a down-rev'd
version if needed for compatibility on your network.

And the one in the ports collection has gone missing since I last Or,
And perhaps I've been hallucinating again and it never was a port.

But if so, why isn't it?  We've got ports for things like Adobe Acrobat,
which only fetch and install a binary.  We surely could fetch and build
sendmail from Sendmail.org.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net