Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 07:52:15 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>
Cc:        Lars Eighner <eighner@io.com>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wrong link in handbook

Gregory Sutter wrote:

> On 2000-07-26 20:53 -0500, Lars Eighner <eighner@io.com> wrote:
> > The English version of the handbook (just d/l and made today)
> > has a link in 18.2.2.3 section 2. b. to what is supposed to be a
> > cvsup file suitable for pulling down stable, but this file
> > has the tag=RELENG_3.
>
> The cvsup file itself is correct; it's on the head of the tree
> and doesn't really matter.  (-CURRENT users know how to update
> the source already.)  The Handbook link should point to the
> FreeBSD-stable branch on ftp.freebsd.org, rather than the
> FreeBSD-current branch, especially since the handbook describes
> FreeBSD-stable.
>
> However, even if the Handbook link is updated, the FreeBSD-stable
> copy on ftp.freebsd.org apparently has not been updated since
> 4.0-RELEASE, and doesn't have the updated stable-supfile.  I'll
> check with the JREs on that part of the matter.

Isn't this because we now have a file called 4.x-stable-supfile.

The 4.x-stable-supfile in /usr/share/examples/cvsup still has the
cvs-cryto collections and comments in it.

Kent

> Greg
> --
> Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
> mailto:gsutter@zer0.org                 "You uudecode it."
> http://www.zer0.org/~gsutter/           "I I I decode it?"
> PGP DSS public key 0x40AE3052

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://kstewart.urx.com/kstewart/bomber.jpg