Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:49:36 +0100
From:      michael <michael@nettmail.de>
To:        Vahric MUHTARYAN <vahric@doruk.net.tr>, freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which Firewall --> ipfw or iptable or ipsec

Hello,

i don't know about the other Answers, but here ist mine.

I use ipfw fully and only, it's a little bit newer the ipfilter and
very good and easy to understand.

Ok, if you have using iptables before, then you get a little
bit confused, may if you have understand the knowledge-bases,
then you will find it easy.

If you have Problems with ipfw you can conect me,
then i would you getting help to create a simple and good
firewall-start-script.

I have 3 or 4 firewall-scripts for serval circumstances:

a)DSL-subscriber with userland ppp and opening
  ports to connect from outside
b)very simple but fuly functionally 1 rule-firewall
  for clients
c)Firewall for an internet-bastion and nat on external-interface
includes ip-accounting based on ipa
d) Firewall with traffic-shaping/queueing and QOS weight-based

Contact me if you are interested.

Best regards

Michael