Date:      Mon, 4 Jul 2005 16:00:59 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?C=E9dric?= Jonas <cedric@virtual-globe.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic in bus_dmamap_load_mbuf (pmap.h:201)

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:56:33 +0200
C=E9dric Jonas <cedric@virtual-globe.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> Since 1 or 2 months, I experienced panics when I use the ath interface of=
 our server (configured as hostap). Also, the system hangs often (without p=
anic) during the boot process at the "Setting hostname: icarus." level. Bec=
ause I had absolutely no time, I couldn't learn to use the kernel debugger =
before.=20
T 2005     cedric@icarus:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ICARUS  i386
>=20
> Sources are from July, 1
>=20
>=20
> 	debug.mpsafenet: 1
>=20
>=20
>=20
> After compiling the kernel with debug options, I get the following during=
 the boot process:
>=20
> 	Setting hostname: icarus.
> 	lock order reversal
> 	 1st 0xc2cd4c6c ath0 (network driver) @ /usr/src/sys/dev/ath/if_ath.c:893
> 	 2nd 0xc30583c8 user map (user map) @ /usr/src/sys/vm/vm_map.c:2998
>=20
>
> Another important detail could be that I use a dual Xeon box, which HT en=
abled, which results in 4 logical CPU's and explain why anybody reported th=
is problem before?!
>=20
> I hope somebody could help, if you need additional informations, let me k=
now.
> Thank you.
>=20
> --=20
> Best regards,=20
>  C=E9dric Jonas
>=20

If it can help: I tried to disable PREEMPTION, the hyperthreading functiona=
lity (=3D> 2 logical CPU), and I set debug.mpsafenet to 0, but the LOR (+ P=
anic when ath0 is used) continue to occure...
I tried also to downgrade to 5.3-RELEASE, where the problems do _not_ occur=
... but that's not a solution.

--=20
Best regards,=20
 C=E9dric Jonas